Boosting happiness, morale and productivity can be simple and as an employer it doesn’t mean you have to spend lots of money. Here are some great ideas that you might want to consider to improve workplace wellness and wellbeing within your organisation.
1) Provide healthy snacks and drinks in the office so staff to snack on during breaks and lunch …. ideally away from their work stations.
2) Encourage staff to be active during the work week. Ideas could include working out a corporate gym membership, subsidising gym membership/classes or bringing in a yoga teacher at lunchtimes.
3) Make your office greener with plants and flowers.
4) Declutter the workplace making it a lighter, brighter and more attractive workplace.
5) Provide in-office health checks annually to promote healthy living.
6) Offer flexible working practices if the business allows it to include flexi-time, making sure staff take holiday time and allow working remotely.
7) Offer training and workshops to allow development as well as demonstrating your investment and commitment to them as employees.
8) Promote charity and fundraising work in the community.
9) Create technology-free and chill-out zones where staff can relax with music, books and even a 15 minute power nap.
10) Monthly massage treatments by a mobile therapist will reduce stress and leave employees feeling refreshed and well looked after.
We understand that not all of this is possible, but why not introduce one or two of these ideas into the business as a starting point and find out how investing in your employees wellbeing can also be a huge benefit for your organisation too.
If you require any health and wellbeing support for your organisation we are happy to help here at Greening Consultants in Gloucester.